What Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy covers all information provided by you to us using one of the following methods (each a “Covered Method”):
- use of any websites owned or operated by or on behalf of SkyHi Tech Academy, including skyhi.co.nz (our “Websites”);
- e-mailing, texting, or other electronic communications, such as filling out forms on one of our Websites (“Submitted Forms”).
- installation and use any of the software applications that we may develop for use on tablets or mobile devices (each an “App”);
- posting of information or uploading of information to one of our pages on a social media site, including tweets, images, user-generated content, Personal Information, digital sounds, and pictures (“Social Information”)
- interacting with our advertising or applications that we serve on third-party websites and services (“Served Ads”)
This Policy does not apply to information collected any way other than via a Covered Method (including as a result of you using or clicking on any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website (“Linked Sites”) or any advertising displayed on one of our Websites that is provided by anyone other than us (“Third Party Ads”).
Because SkyHi Tech Academy is a technology company, it is likely that you will provide the same information to us multiple different ways during the course of application, enrollment, registration, attendance, and graduation. If you enroll in SkyHi Tech Academy services, in addition to this Policy, under the U.S. Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), then you will have the right to limit access to certain directory information about you, as defined in FERPA. You may request to access or limit access to your directory information by contacting us at the address below.
What Information Do We Collect?
Any time that you use one of our Websites or Apps, provide information via a Submitted Form or click on or interact with a Served Ad, we will likely collect some types of information from you as a result of that action. Depending on the action you take, we may collect any of the following types of information:
- personally identifiable information (“PII”) that you provide to us;
- certain types of financial and payment information to complete transactions with us, including to pay registration fees or tuition fees (“Financial Information”);
- information that relates directly to you other than your PII that you provide to us such as records and copies of your correspondence, responses to surveys, details of transactions you carry out, interactions with our students, and search queries on the Websites (“Volunteered Information”);
- certain information that we automatically collect as you navigate through the Site or use an App about your equipment, devices and browsers, and your use of our Websites and Apps (“Usage Information”); and
- information that is provided to us from third parties, for example, our business partners (“Third Party Information”).
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable technical measures intended to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of Personal Information submitted via the Website. However, your e-mail transmissions and/or other communications containing Personal Information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties, and/or the Website may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once we receive your Personal Information, we take steps that we believe are commercially reasonable to limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees and service providers whom we determine need access to the Personal Information to provide the requested products, services, offers or opportunities that may be of interest to you. However, even after we receive your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR THE PCI STANDARDS, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION.
What Is Our Contact Information?